Today I was thinking of the "little" thankful things.
My emphasis is on the word little -- as I think the small stuff tends to get a bad rap. Not to take away from the big important stuff like health, family, friends, food and shelter, but what little teensy tiny things make up big piles of joy in your life?
Here's my teeny tiny thankful list:
1. The first cup of coffee on a cold morning.
2. The way my body hums after a 3 mile run on a dreary day.
3. Sunlight as it just begins to touch the treetops first thing in the morning.
4. When people tell me that my writing changed the way they think about things.
5. Love notes from my son.
6. The way my husband takes my hand before we enter a crowded room.
7. The miracle of my snowy white Camellias blooming in the winter when you least expect it.
8. The velvet warmth of a sultry Southern evening paired with the magic of fireflies.
9. Chocolate croissants from Trader Joe's.
10. Taking a long, steamy bath with Chris Botti's jazz playing in the background.
Now it's your turn -- what's on your teeny thankful list?