Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dreaming Out Loud

A recent radio show asked "what are your dreams?" and invited people to call in.

Ahhh, where to start. My mind immediately goes to the most selfish thing I can find. Hey, after all this is my dream. A house in France, Paris or Italy. To study Spanish and the art of tapas in Spain. And speaking of art, why not visit all the great works in the world. To read and collect amazing books. To have a house in Maine. To camp in the Grand Canyon.

Which leads me to more soul-ful type of dreams -- for my family to be safe and happy. For those I love to be in good health and to be knit closer together. For each of my family to be true to their absolute best and to live up to their potential God has given them.

While we are talking about the great short order cook in the sky, we might as well invite Him to solve world hunger, end all wars, save the earth and love everyone with a Coke and a smile.

I'm sure if I would have called in to the radio program to share all of that, they would have cut me off after paragraph one. This would have been followed by "aren't you asking for a little much?" I guess so, but why not? It's my dream, might as well make it a big fat one.

No comments: